Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Well, we made it.

I haven't posted anything in a few days, but that's because me and the boyfriend (Colin) have been getting our butts to Asheville! ...and trying our best to find jobs. We're staying with my brother right now, and it's a little cramped but at least we have a place to stay :) We went out today applying at different places. There are SO many more job opportunities here than in Jacksonville. We both applied at this beautiful resort called The Grove Park Inn (you really should check it out. it's gorgeous!) and a few places in the mall. I found a listing online for a doggie daycare that's hiring, so I applied there too. I would love to work with animals!

But yeah, other than that we've been enjoying this beautiful city and it's amazing weather. The fall foliage here is INSANE! On sunday we went on the parkway and hiked about a mile up Craggy Gardens. It was super windy and cold on the peak, but so worth it! I was literally holding on to my hat. (this cell phone picture doesn't do the colors justice, btw.)


So now we are at the apartment, listening to Iron & Wine and just hanging around. I've got some crocheting I need to get done, and Colin is reading. I can't tell you how excited I am about getting our own apartment. The deposit is the only thing that's going to be tricky, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

More Asheville updates to come. I'm so happy to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment