Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beer City USA

So. I've recently learned that Asheville has been named Beer City USA. Now, I don't know how official that is, but it definitely makes sense. There is a multitude of local breweries and cool bars here, and an awesome beer selection in just about every store and gas station I go to. I know I am only 20, but I can certainly appreciate a good brew. I can thank my brother and boyfriend for that :) 

Last night we picked up a 6 pack of Post Road Pumpkin Ale


This is hands down the best Pumpkin Ale I've ever had. It smelled amaziiiiing! Ugh, I couldn't get my nose out of the bottle. It was full of yummy spices and had a very definite pumpkin flavor. So perfect for this cold mountain weather. 

Apparently early American Colonialists used pumpkin in their beer a lot because they were plentiful and nutritious. Cool little factoid for ye all. Kudos, colonialists!

I think I'll have one before we walk downtown. Night!

2 comments:

  1. I should of known you two would find another cool beer. Ha ha! Interesting pumpkin fact. Hope you kids are having fun. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always manage something :P We miss you too!!

    ReplyDelete